Friday 19 April 2013

Yorkshire Warrior training DONE

It's been a interesting couple of weeks and training has gone as well as could be when training for free. No gyms, no swimming pools, no treadmills, just the roads and my living room floor. I've done the 16km/10miles needed for the Yorkshire warrior so I know I can go the distance. Instead I tried to train for strength and increasing my short run times. So I've been running 5k's and trying to beat my PB which I did on the second attempt. It's been a while since I've tried to do 5k's and to beat my PB so quickly was cool and made me realise how far I've come in 9 months. I beat my PB by 20+ seconds and since then have keep my times around that.

I've also been doing body weight workouts at home like press ups, sit ups, burpees etc. Now I'm no experts in these type of workouts and I'm probably doing it all wrong. But I've been surprised at how well I've done and how I've progressed since starting these workouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment